Secure your place in this rare opportunity to visit the HOPI Nation Mesas on an exceptional and sacred Day Tour!
Hopi Nation Sacred Day Tour
with Hopi Elders guides
Bertram Tsavadawa & Dickson Silas
with group leader Elan Cohen
(Board Bus from 5:00 AM)
The Hopi Tribe is a beautiful sovereign nation located in Northeast Arizona. The reservation occupies part of Coconino and Navajo counties, encompasses more than 1.5 million acres, and is made up of 12 villages on three mesas. Since time immemorial the Hopi people have lived in Hopitutskwa and have maintained their sacred covenant with Maasawu, the ancient caretaker of the Earth, to live as peaceful, humble and respectful farmers of the land and its resources. Over the centuries they have survived as a tribe, and to this day have managed to retain their culture, language and religion despite influences from the outside world.
- Group leader Elan Cohen with guided meditation
- Lecture, talks and touring by HOPI elders and guides
- Special visit and time for our group at the Prophecy Rock near Old Oraibi, with Hopi elder guide Bertram Walker Tsavadawa
- Tour of Walpi village at First Mesa by local village Hopi guides and elder Dickson Silas
- Special time at the Healing Rock in Walpi village with Hopi elder Dickson Silas
- Interaction with local residents and artists of the Hopi villages
- LUNCH + Water Bottles + Light snack (Suitable for Paleo, Vegetarian, Vegan, Gluten-Free)
- Deluxe bus with bathroom
- Entry to villages and sites
- Gratuities to tour guides and bus driver
INFORMATION & GUIDELINES:
- Board/Check-in on the buses starts at 5:00 AM at the PARKING LOT of Sedona Performing Arts Center
Location: 995 Upper Red Rock Loop Rd, Sedona, AZ 86336
Map & Directions
- We will depart between 6:00-6:15 AM. We will NOT wait for late arrivals. BE ON TIME! NO REFUNDS!
- Your name will be on the event check-in list and you will receive a pre-printed Name Tag when you check-in.
- Estimated return time to Sedona by 7:00 PM
- Translations are NOT provided. The tour is in English only.
- The Hopi reservation elevation is 6000-7000 ft. For touring, wear loose and comfortable cotton or other lightweight clothing, comfortable walking shoes, a sun hat, a small backpack for personal items, sunglasses, sunscreen, moistened towelettes, washcloth, pocket-size tissues (for restrooms) and prescription medicines you may need.
- Bring with you any additional preferred food/snacks for the day.
- Some of our attendees are sensitive to chemically based perfumes of any kind being worn. We are asking if possible that no perfume be applied during the duration of this trip. Essential oils are much more preferable. Thank you for your understanding. It will greatly enhance the comfort of those that are sensitive.
- NOTE: Only CASH is accepted for shopping from the local village Hopi artists.
- To read more about the Hopi click here: hopiculturalcenter.com/about-the-hopi
PRICE & REGISTRATION
To secure your place on the tour, full payment is required with the PayPal button payment link below, and acceptance of the event terms and conditions disclaimer.
Please fill out and sign the Agreement to Terms & Conditions FORM TO SIGN click here »
Note: The business name that appears on card statements is SHALOHA KRY or SHALOHA KRYON
Refundable (minus 10%) if canceling before May 1st, 2024
Refundable (minus 20%) if canceling after May 1st, 2024
Non-refundable if canceling after June 1st, 2024
Note: If the event is canceled for any reason you will receive a refund minus a 5% administrative fee.
Hotels: Sedona has many types of hotels and accommodation. You can use Google or Trip Advisor or Bookings.com to find what is suitable for your needs and budget. Many hotels are close or nearby to the conference: Click here for hotels map according to distance from the venue
Share Room – Share Ride: If you’re looking to share a room or ride and don’t have a companion already, you can use this Facebook Group Page to connect with other attendees.
Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport (Approx 2 hr. drive to Sedona)
For All Other Questions Please Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please include the name of the event in your email title. Email is our primary and preferred form of communication; please allow 24-48 business hours for a reply. This ensures the best clarity and record-keeping for all communications. We will reply to your emails as soon as possible, and in the order they are received. Thank you for your understanding!
Note: When signing up for the event you agree to be added to Shaloha Productions Email List.